AS5048 - High SPI failure rate

Precisely. I’ve given up on single-ended

Reopening this thread as I’m having similar issues with the same AS5048 board. I’m able to follow along with the documentation present under the SPI section on the ODrive encoder page. When spinning the rotor by hand, encoder.pos_estimate works perfectly. Running encoder_offset_calibration works as well after adding a 56 ohm resistor to MOSI. After calibration, no errors are present and the SPI error rate reported by the ODrive is around 1E-7. After the encoder is calibrated I saved and restarted the ODrive and tried to initialize closed_loop_control, but the SPI error rate climbs to 0.997 within 1-2 seconds and dump_errors reports ENCODER_ERROR_ABS_SPI_COM_FAIL. I’m not sure how to proceed here, the encoder seems to be working perfectly up until closed loop control. If this is a shielding problem as I suspect, are there any other ideas people have used to limit this problem?

Differential signalling, make sure your shield is grounded properly, etc. I had one user with shielded wires, but the shield wasn’t grounded, so it was just acting as a noise coupler and ruining his SPI