Configuration backup!

Hi, i want to make a configuration backup of my first odrive to transfer my configuration in my second odrive board. Can you tel me what is a exactly the command word to save my config to my first odrive and the procedure to transfer in my other odrive board. In Getting Started odrive tools i try to run the backup procedure but i dosen’t work!

Thanks!

odrivetool backup-config and odrivetool restore-config.
What doesn’t work about it?

Hi !
Thanks for your answer , i writting odrivetool backup-config in my first odrive and backup work! I plug my other odrive board to restore the backup in my second odrive board ,the restoration look great, but when i verified the configuration, the parameter has not change in my second odrive! Can you help me!

1 Like

Ok to clarify:

1. Plug in ODrive #1
  2. odrivetool backup-config
  3. Unplug ODrive #1
  4. Plug in ODrive #2
  5. odrivetool restore-config

?

1 Like

Hi, i plug ODrive #1,odrivetool backup-config, backup work great ,unplug Drive #1 ,plug ODrive #2 ,odrivetool restore-config ,but error in restore -config, error is;

Last login: Thu Oct 3 04:47:00 on ttys000
MacBook-Pro-de-macbook:~ macbook$ odrivetool backup-config
Waiting for ODrive…
Saving configuration to /var/folders/rq/4852x6xj5cvbl8btlr9tnf9r0000gn/T/odrive-config-388537523437.json…
Configuration saved.
MacBook-Pro-de-macbook:~ macbook$ odrivetool restore-config
Waiting for ODrive…
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/bin/odrivetool”, line 203, in
restore_config(my_odrive, args.file, logger)
File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/odrive/configuration.py”, line 70, in restore_config
with open(filename) as file:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/var/folders/rq/4852x6xj5cvbl8btlr9tnf9r0000gn/T/odrive-config-20603599524B.json’
MacBook-Pro-de-macbook:~ macbook$

Can you understand this error?

Thanks!

yes, your backup was saved to
/var/folders/rq/4852x6xj5cvbl8btlr9tnf9r0000gn/T/odrive-config-388537523437.json
but it is trying to restore from
/var/folders/rq/4852x6xj5cvbl8btlr9tnf9r0000gn/T/odrive-config-20603599524B.json

you have to provide a file name, or it will only us its own serial number’s filename.
for example:
odrivetool backup-config myconfig.json
odrivetool restore-config myconfig.json

Hi! thanks for your answer, can you tel me how to restore from the backup folder?

Thanks!

Yes like this:
odrivetool restore-config path-to-backup-file.json

1 Like

I just try ,odrivetool restore-config path-to-backup-file.json

is create this error;

Last login: Fri Oct 4 17:21:58 on ttys001
MacBook-Pro-de-macbook:~ macbook$ odrivetool restore-config path-to-backup-file.json
Waiting for ODrive…
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/bin/odrivetool”, line 203, in
restore_config(my_odrive, args.file, logger)
File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/odrive/configuration.py”, line 70, in restore_config
with open(filename) as file:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘path-to-backup-file.json’
MacBook-Pro-de-macbook:~ macbook$

1 Like