Encoder and motors

I am new here. I am confused about which command can help me know whether the motors and encoders have been connected to odrive board or not.
Now, there is no respond when I give command and the current is quit low, 0.044 A.
And I always get Unhandled exception in event loop error, Exception [WinError 995]. Could someone tell me where the problem is?

It sounds as if there is current flowing down the USB cable due to poor grounding. This would cause the USB to disconnect, and for you to get an error in Windows. Do you also get a warning about a USB device not working?
Make sure the negative side of the power supply is connected to ground (Earth).

Do you live in mainland China?
If so, it might be difficult to obtain the original ODrive board, which means you can only buy copies. It could be that it’s a fault in the copied board.
Also, it is a problem for Oskar and the team here to support any copies of the hardware - especially because they get no money from it - but also because there could be unknown differences.

I live in US now and the board is odrive 3.6. Just bought it a month ago.
Now I successfully startup the motor with command odrv0.axis0.requested_state = AXIS_STATE_FULL_CALIBRATION_SEQUENCE. The problem is motor rotate in one direction but stopped by itself when it is time to back in the other direction.
So I dump the errors, it shows

axis0
axis: Error(s):
ERROR_ENCODER_FAILED
motor: no error
encoder: Error(s):
ERROR_NO_RESPONSE
controller: no error

My encoder is AS5074P-TS_EK_AB, I wish it can in ABI mode.

Most likely, you have set motor.config.pole_pairs incorrectly for your motor.
That, or encoder.config.cpr is wrong.

Do you mean “It’s in SPI, but I wish it could be ABI”?

If you’re using SPI, this is the best mode for this sensor. The encoder.config.cpr should be 16384 for SPI mode.

Also check that encoder.position_estimate changes as you’d expect when you move the motor by hand.