Error with setting current control bandwidth

configuring 2 hoverboard wheels with step by step guide and get an error when entering odrv0.axis0.motor.set_current_control_bandwidth(100)

I get the following feedback / error…

In [61]: odrv0.axis0.motor.set_current_control_bandwidth(100)
    ...: 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
AttributeError                            Traceback (most recent call last)
/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fibre/shell.py in <module>()
----> 1 odrv0.axis0.motor.set_current_control_bandwidth(100)

/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fibre/remote_object.py in __getattribute__(self, name)
    205             return attr
    206         else:
--> 207             return object.__getattribute__(self, name)
    208             #raise AttributeError("Attribute {} not found".format(name))

AttributeError: 'RemoteObject' object has no attribute 'set_current_control_bandwidth'

how do i get passed this ?

Hmm, odd.

Can you try odrv0.axis0.motor.set_current_control_bandwidth(100.0) ?

Also make sure you’re on the newest firmware (fw 0.4.1)

NO CAN DO !!

In [21]: odrv0.axis1.motor.set_current_control_bandwidth(100)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
AttributeError                            Traceback (most recent call last)
/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fibre/shell.py in <module>()
----> 1 odrv0.axis1.motor.set_current_control_bandwidth(100)

/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fibre/remote_object.py in __getattribute__(self, name)
    205             return attr
    206         else:
--> 207             return object.__getattribute__(self, name)
    208             #raise AttributeError("Attribute {} not found".format(name))

AttributeError: 'RemoteObject' object has no attribute 'set_current_control_bandwidth'

Actually the bandwidth setting feature was added in fw-v0.4.2. Upgrade instructions here.

Yep i went through the upgrade process during the week but unfortunately update didn’t complete and i have now lost access to the board odrivetool doesnt find device. I have been following the mac setup to burn firmware but need to acquire an STLink to update directly bypassing usb port… will be back in front of it on Wednesday and will have a crack at it then… Its been frustrating but am sure we will get there soon ! :slight_smile: thanks again for your help.

I have a second board here but want to have a shot at getting this one up and running before messing with my plan b board.