It is time to do our first firmware release. I would like to kindly invite you to help out with testing and providing feedback.
Note that the process with this release will be slightly different than going forward, since it’s our first one. Basically with this first release we will be going from “committing directly onto master” to adopting GitFlow. The release will stay open for at least two weeks, to allow people to complete tests. The process for this release is:
- We will be building up the release directly on
master, and only fixes and small improvements go in.
- Once the release is done, no more direct commits on
- From now on, all new features will go into
- Future releases will be merged into
The major features of this release is the getting started documentation, and the step/dir interface. Please help by going through these, and submit feedback, and open discussion in this thread. How best to test these is up to you, but below are some recommendations.
Getting started documentation
- Starting from the top level getting started guide, someone who just got their ODrive is able to get their system up and running.
- Recall if you had any issues getting started, and check if the documentation now covers your issue. If not, please contribute to the documentation somethign that would have saved you a bunch of time.
- If you intend to use ODrive with the step/dir interface, please do some tests, and let us know how it goes!