Firmware v0.5.1 Release Candidate Feedback Thread

unless something actively changes input_vel, pwm_mapping.min and max (I think) are not going to be able to evaluate the setting and therefore, can’t apply limits. Now if your PWM controller is on and you’re jiggling the inputs, then I’d assume they would get evaluated and constrained. This could be an order of operations thing or I could just be totally wrong and this is a bug, but it works for me

Yea, I had the PWM source on (RC controller) but still no luck. I have tested it with a hobby servo, and it is working as expected, so I am confident it is creating the correct signal, just not being read in by the Odrive.

My fear is there is a disconnect between the Odrive firmware and the odrivetool I am using to drive it with. I believe I am using the most current version of both, but it is possible I messed up somewhere along the way.

Buzzy, is this working for you with the most current version of everything?

Again, thank you in advance to anyone for your help.

Correct, 5.1 and latest odrivetool, but it looks like my version is showing up as not released. I am also having trouble with axis1, but I think it’s unrelated (encoder problems). What versions are you running?
In [3]: odrv0
Out[3]:
vbus_voltage = 31.992919921875 (float)
ibus = 0.00021862855646759272 (float)
ibus_report_filter_k = 1.0 (float)
serial_number = 20703892304E (int)
hw_version_major = 3 (int)
hw_version_minor = 6 (int)
hw_version_variant = 56 (int)
fw_version_major = 0 (int)
fw_version_minor = 5 (int)
fw_version_revision = 1 (int)
fw_version_unreleased = 1 (int)

The unreleased was my mistake, I built from one commit past the tag. You can ignore it.