Hoverboard wheels + ODrive board + Arduino/Pi for ROBOT

Excellent i will give this a go when i can get wheels to do a full revolution on their own… havent seen them do more than about half a rotation… Assume this is because i muffed the setup. I get stuck in the setup process you have documented on shopping trolley on this line.

odrv0.axis0.motor.set_current_control_bandwidth(100)

it fails with
AttributeError Traceback (most recent call last)
/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fibre/shell.py in ()
----> 1 odrv0.axis0.encoder.config.bandwidth = 100

/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fibre/remote_object.py in setattr(self, name, value)
218 object.getattribute(self, “dict”)[name] = value
219 else:
–> 220 raise AttributeError(“Attribute {} not found”.format(name))
222 def _tear_down(self):

AttributeError: Attribute bandwidth not found

So i bought two odrives, i went to upgrade firmware on the first one but it failed and I can’t access it until i do the firmware update - have to buy ST link for that so hesitant to try it on this one… :slight_smile:

Second One firmware upgraded with no problem ! Happy !

1 Like

Hello,
I am working on a similar project. The motors calibration from the example file (Arduino) worked fine. However, I do not know how to control the motors with RC receiver and transmitter. I have Turnigy 2.4GHz 9X8Cv2 receiver and transmitter, Arduino Mega and ODrive motor controller. Could someone please guide me on which port on the arduino or on the Odrive do I need to connect the receiver channels. Any sample code or reference would also be appreciated.
Thanks in advance