Issues with Compiling Firmware in Windows 10, VSCode

Good to know.

Thanks so much, @naktamello, I will look into getting an ST-link. Is this something that would work? Or is there a specific one that works best?

They all work the same, so getting a cheapo from aliexpress (or ODrive store) may be a better option. Sometimes the chip may be put into a state you can’t recover with only dfu, so another reason to get one! anyways good luck with your adventure.

1 Like

FYI I never was able to get the dfu tool working on windows 10. The stl link was painless, though

1 Like

I hooked up the st-link incorrectly to my board once, and now I may have burnt out one of the pins, so I can only use DFU on one board. To prevent this from happening again, I prefer to use the DFU tool unless debugging is necessary (has not been yet).

Hmm any tips on getting the DFU tool working on windows 10 - I gave up and haven’t gone back since trying the ST-Link with success.

If I’m not mistaken in the ODrivetool you will see that it is switching to DFU mode, and then it never checks back in again.

When the ODrive switches to DFU mode I think you need to configure the driver in Zadiq tool again (should only be necessary the first time). I’m not sure, and I can’t check because I’m at work, but I believe in DFU mode it is recognized as a different device and the driver is switched out of libusb or something.

That was what was happening to me. I followed the directions on how to Upgrade firmware with a different DFU tool and that worked well. After that I didn’t have any major issues with the dfu tool.

1 Like

@neelpuri, I was wondering what exactly you did to get your firmware to compile between this message and your last one where things still weren’t working. I am having similar problems.

The last message was about flashing the firmware using the dfu tool. This thread was all I really used to get the firmware to compile. I didn’t to much external work. One of the biggest help was doing a clean clone of the firmware. All my paths and things that were changed helped but in the end, I am fairly certain it was just that the clone I was working with was corrupted.

I wish I could help more, but I have not had to do firmware related stuff for a long time now and don’t really remember much.