Motor doesn't move after restoring odrive configuration

Hi,
i am using 3 odrives v3.6 56v. I set the configuration on one odrive so that it works with the motors that I am using. I took a backup of the configuration and I restored that backup to the other drivers. when I did that I got this “error”:
odrivetool restore-config my_config.json

Waiting for ODrive…

Restoring configuration from my_config.json…

Could not restore axis0.controller.config.anticogging.calib_anticogging: ‘anonymous_interface_140344465817672’ object has no attribute ‘exchange’

Could not restore axis0.controller.config.anticogging.cogging_ratio: ‘anonymous_interface_140344465814312’ object has no attribute ‘exchange’

Could not restore axis0.controller.config.anticogging.index: ‘anonymous_interface_140344465821544’ object has no attribute ‘exchange’

Could not restore axis1.controller.config.anticogging.calib_anticogging: ‘anonymous_interface_140344465817672’ object has no attribute ‘exchange’

Could not restore axis1.controller.config.anticogging.cogging_ratio: ‘anonymous_interface_140344465814312’ object has no attribute ‘exchange’

Could not restore axis1.controller.config.anticogging.index: ‘anonymous_interface_140344465821544’ object has no attribute ‘exchange’

Could not restore can.config.baud_rate: ‘anonymous_interface_140344465821544’ object has no attribute ‘exchange’

Some of the configuration could not be restored.

Configuration restored.

When I try to calibrate and move the motor with the odrive that I restored the configuration on, it doesn’t move the motor at all and I get this error: In [2]: dump_errors(odrv0)

system: not found

axis0

axis: Error(s):

UNKNOWN ERROR: 0x00000040

motor: Error(s):

MOTOR_ERROR_PHASE_RESISTANCE_OUT_OF_RANGE

sensorless_estimator: no error

encoder: no error

controller: no error

axis1

axis: Error(s):

UNKNOWN ERROR: 0x00000008

motor: no error

sensorless_estimator: no error

encoder: no error

controller: no error
what can I do to solve this?

kind regards
CM

It looks like you have a version mismatch between odrivetool and your firmware.
The easiest way to ensure they are consistent is to run python3 tools/odrivetool from the Git repository instead of the one from pip.

1 Like

so is this “python3 tools/odrivetool” the full command that I need to run?

Yes, provided you have cloned the ODrive Git repo from GitHub and you are in that directory.