No motor response after updating a version 3.2 Odrive


#1

I used the STlink to update the firmware in my older V3.2 24V Odrive. After updating the firmware I am able to connect with Odrivetool. But after going through the steps in getting started the motor does not respond in any way. Odrivetool talks to the the board just fine and it saves, reboots and acts just like it seems it should but I can’t get the motor to initialize. I know the motor is hooked up properly because it ran through the init when I powered it up before I flashed the firmware. Any ideas?


#2

Please use the command dump_errors(odrv0) in odrivetool


#3

That does not seem to be working. Is that the right syntax?


#4

I had to upgrade odrivetool.

In [1]: dump_errors(odrv0)
Axis0:
axis: Error(s):
ERROR_DC_BUS_UNDER_VOLTAGE
ERROR_BRAKE_RESISTOR_DISARMED
motor: Error(s):
ERROR_BRAKE_CURRENT_OUT_OF_RANGE
encoder: no error
controller: no error
Axis1:
axis: Error(s):
ERROR_DC_BUS_UNDER_VOLTAGE
ERROR_BRAKE_RESISTOR_DISARMED
motor: Error(s):
ERROR_BRAKE_CURRENT_OUT_OF_RANGE
encoder: no error
controller: no error


#6

Yes you need to tell it what HW it’s running: In tup.config, make sure you have CONFIG_BOARD_VERSION=v3.2

Pinouts have changed since then, so let’s make sure that hw_version_minor reports the correct version first.


#7

Thanks Wetmelon, I figured it out after I left the post. I thought I deleted it. Anyway it’s working now.


#8

Hehe you did, but as a mod I can see errything :wink:

Good to hear! Don’t hesitate to post if you have any more issues!