Noise on the odrive 3.6 module

Hello,
I am using an odrive 3.6 to control two motors one electric scooter hub motor and one 5065 bldc motor, both have hall encoders that are inside the motors.

motors:

when i put only the Motors phase on the Odrive without the encoders and i check the 5v available on the odrive it looks like this on the scope:

the encoders have this noise in them:

i am able to control the robot using odrivetool but the problems are :

1/ this huge noise i have on this odrive is somehow contaminating my 5V signal on other parts of the system when i link the ground to this odrive.
2/ the CAN BUS is also affected with this noise and it is not working properly

is it normal to have this noise ?

Hi! Yes, the v3.6 has a lot of noise issues – this is fixed in the new ODrives – S1, Pro, and Micro.

For v3.6 with hall sensors, we recommend soldering 22nF capacitors between each hall line and ground, like this: Encoder error ERROR_ILLEGAL_HALL_STATE - #7 by madcowswe

Thanks for you answer, soldering this capacitors on the Hall lines will solve the noise on them but what about the noise on the CAN BUS pins ?

CAN is a differential protocol and is incredibly robust to noise – to the point where I almost never consider CAN noise as a possible issue. I’d generally guess that the CAN issue is coming from something else.

There’s also a good chance you have a ground loop - could you send some pictures of or sketch out your wiring?