ODrive 3.6 Firmware v5.1 CAN Protocol Questions

Hey everyone,

I’ve been diving into the CAN communication protocol for the ODrive 3.6 (firmware version 5.1) and hit a couple of snags that I can’t quite figure out. I hope someone here can shed some light on these issues:

Setting Parameters like Input_vel/pos/torque: The way I understand it, you can set multiple parameters with a single CAN command. But what if I only want to adjust one parameter at a time? How should I go about doing that without affecting the others?

Querying Configured Parameters: I’ve looked through the protocol docs but couldn’t find a way to query these settings via CAN commands. How can I check if my configurations have been applied correctly?

Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated. I’m hoping to get these kinks ironed out so I can move forward with my project.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi!

With e.g. 0x00C Set Input Pos, the vel/torque feedforwards can be left zero if unused.

With parameters, currently no way to query that they’ve been applied as far as I know - but you could try e.g. 0x00F Set Limits with the RTR bit set and see if the ODrive reports out the values.