ODrive 3.6 - How to connect?

Hi,

It seesm something has updated and now odrivetool doesn’t work at all on my linux installation:

File “/usr/local/bin/odrivetool”, line 26, in
from fibre import Logger
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/odrive/pyfibre/fibre/init.py”, line 4, in
from .libfibre import Domain, ObjectLostError
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/odrive/pyfibre/fibre/libfibre.py”, line 76, in
lib = cdll.LoadLibrary(lib_path)
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/ctypes/init.py”, line 452, in LoadLibrary
return self._dlltype(name)
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/ctypes/init.py”, line 374, in init
self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
OSError: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/odrive/pyfibre/fibre/libfibre-linux-aarch64.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

No idea why its stopped working but the live plotter wasn’t working anyway so I couldn’t tune my new drives. Now I can’t use the other drives either.

Any ideas as I’m completely stuck now!
How do I use the GUI tool with this drive?

What was updated? The operating system? Or odrivetool?

What distribution is this and is it a 32-bit or a 64-bit system? On some Linux distributions you can do uname -a to check (copy the output).

The GUI is only compatible with newer ODrives (Pro/S1).

Its running on a raspi 4,

Linux raspberrypi 6.1.19-v8+ #1637 SMP PREEMPT Tue Mar 14 11:11:47 GMT 2023 aarch64 GNU/Linux

I updated the operating system which seems to have broken it…

Bump…

Have you tried to remove and install Odrive again? For me that did the job a couple of times. @MattSav

Just happened to me, too. This is the 3rd pi I’ve put odrive on in the last 5 days, and for some reason the install went sideways on this one and gives me the ELFCLASS64 error. I’ve tried

• uninstalling and reinstalling (didn’t help),
  • uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling (didn’t help).

I guess I’ll try more times?