Odrive contorlling MITSUBA M2096-III

Hello, i am trying to tune the left wheel. The problem i have is when I run the wheel i hear some locking sound and it starts spinning out of control.

I am using odrive v3.6 and AMT103 Encoder.

Does anyone know what could cause this ?

Hi! What firmware version is the ODrive on? Are you calibrating with absolutely zero load on the motor? (e.g. car lifted off the ground)? What’s the measured phase resistance and inductance?

Connected to ODrive v3.6 316432763431 (firmware v0.5.5) as odrv0
phase_inductance: 0.0003542247577570379 (float)
phase_resistance: 0.09964778274297714 (float)

I am calibrating with absolutely zero load.

Could you take a video of the calibration and run process, showing the issue you have when tuning?

Also, could you please send some images of the encoder mounting, especially showing the shaft passing through the encoder?

The videos are of the calibration and run process, the images are of the encoder mounting and wiring.

Hi! It seems like those google drive links are private. Additionally, can you show the encoder wire routing?

Sorry for that, the wire connections are slightly messy as we do not have long enough wires.
For clarification,
B = Brown = Green = B
5v = Red = Pink = 5v
A = Yellow = Blue = A
X = Green = Yellow = Z
G = White = Orange = GND
The left wheel is connected to axis0, the right is connected to axis 1

Hi! In the runtime video I think I saw the motor stator shift a bit – is there any chance the AMT103 is able to move or rotate with relation to the stator? And does the AMT103 make any noise while the motor’s rotating? It shouldn’t make any rubbing or grinding noises whatsoever.

This also might be an electrical noise issue, we sell a shielded encoder cable that may help here.