PLC to Odrive, by hook or by crook

Hi Neil, one more useful and informative help article for all the ODrivers out there.

Thanks for adding your support, this will certainly build this community :slight_smile:

Regards Jerry :australia:

PS: Now how is that Z axis, and flywheel going?

Thank you, I’m all for shared experiences as I would still be scratching my head if it wasn’t for all the info here.

The Z axes hasn’t even made CAD yet, although that doesn’t take long, but I do have an air pump and hose to blow those chips away (will post something on my feed soonish with that :wink:

Kind regards,

Neil.

1 Like

@Dev255 Awesome video! We changed a lot in 0.5.1. We have a migration guide on the docs page, might be worth doing a video for if you’re interested :smiley:

1 Like

Cheers @Wetmelon, yeah I did get a little stumped as I only had a short time to take the video.

I may do this when I fit my Z-Axis as I have a 56v v3.6 sitting on my desk ready. I particularly like the speed of USB connection. Would I notice any other differences with my mill? Bearing in mid I’m using the ASCII protocol and not Step/Dir?

Sorry @patrick_brown , kinda hijacked your PLC to ODrive feed, I’ll jump back on my project one.

How’s your projects going?