I’m planning on starting a project where I want to drive a ball screw with a brushless DC motor controlled by an O-drive. But at the moment I’m searching about what power supply I need. The max power the motor can pull is 2360W (Turnigy aerodrive 6354), although I have read this doesn’t mean I need to have a power supply that can handle this. These are only peak values (which probably will never occur?). So the power I need for my application is not my first concern. With a couple of hundreds Watts I’ll have no trouble. My questions are
- How stable should the voltage be?
- How much ripple can the Odrive handle?
- Does a high ripple have a big impact on the performance?
- Can I for example make a fully controllable full wave rectifier?
- Of does this have to much ripple?
- My motor can handle max. 37V, do you have to tell the Odrive this?
- Can I use a higher voltage, but were Odrive limits the current? (like some stepper drivers do?) Or does Odrive even lower the voltage if needed?
I’m trying to have an idea what are the requirements for the Odrive, so sorry for all the questions, but I have a lot more of them, but these will do for now
Thanks in advance!