"Run Build Task" failed in v0.5.1-rc4, but succeeded in v0.4.12

Hi, I want to make some changes to the v0.5.1 ODrive firmeware. I followed the instructions in the ODrive documentation and installed all of the prerequisites for win10 VSCode. Sadly, I failed in the step “Run Build Task”. However, the strange thing is that, when I switched the ODrive source code to verison v0.4.12, I succeed in build the code and no errors were reported. So I want to know if there is something specifical I should do to build the v0.5.1 ODrive firmeware?

The terminal’s error report in buildiing v0.5.1 ODrive is as followes:

> Executing task in folder Firmware: make <

• [ ] 0%tup error: failed to create child process: No such file or directory*
  • *** Command ID=633 failed: g++ -O3 -std=c++17 -I. -I./MotorControl -I./fibre/cpp/include -I./Drivers/DRV8301 -I./doctest -c Tests/test_timer.cpp -o Tests/bin/test_timer.o*
  • *** Command ID=629 failed: g++ -O3 -std=c++17 -I. -I./MotorControl -I./fibre/cpp/include -I./Drivers/DRV8301 -I./doctest -c Tests/test_rotate.cpp -o Tests/bin/test_rotate.o*
  • *** Command ID=631 failed: g++ -O3 -std=c++17 -I. -I./MotorControl -I./fibre/cpp/include -I./Drivers/DRV8301 -I./doctest -c Tests/test_runner.cpp -o Tests/bin/test_runner.o*
  • *** Command ID=627 failed: g++ -O3 -std=c++17 -I. -I./MotorControl -I./fibre/cpp/include -I./Drivers/DRV8301 -I./doctest -c Tests/test_can.cpp -o Tests/bin/test_can.o*
  • [ ] 0%*
  • *** tup: 4 jobs failed.*
    make: *** [Makefile:14: all] Error 1
    The terminal process terminated with exit code: 1

Can you check your Firmware/tup.config. Make sure you don’t have CONFIG_DOCTEST=true. If you do, set it to false or remove the line.

1 Like

Thank you, madcowswe. I solved it by following you advice. Thank you very much.