Seeking Advice on Current Fluctuations

Hello everyone,

I’m currently experiencing an issue with my motor driver (made by my friends) during low-speed uniform motion, where I’ve observed fluctuations in the current amplitude (as shown in the attached graph). I’m wondering if the amplitude of these fluctuations falls within the normal range for such operations.

Additionally, I’m looking to deepen my understanding of FOC drivers and how to properly evaluate their performance metrics. Could anyone recommend any documents, books, or resources that could help me with this?

I’m eager to learn from your experiences and insights. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi! What’s that y-axis scale? It’s definitely easy to get a bunch of current noise.

James Mevey’s masters thesis is typically the FOC bible :slight_smile:

The unit of y-axis is A, and it means I_q.
Thank you for sharing, I will read it.

That’s a lot of noise for sure - like 6A p-p? Definitely possible if there’s issues with analog routing on the board. If you can link source files for the driver it would be easier to diagnose. Could also be oscillations in the current controller, if the gains are setup wrong.