Single Axis Integrated ODrive Concept

Will do. I’ll be starting on it the last week of April.

Any news on the official single axis odrive?

Yes we are working on it. We are aiming to have beta ready by the end of the year, or maybe early next year.
You can sign up for news about it here:

3 Likes

I am also working on a single motor version based on Odrive3.5 but also re-purposing M1 signals and peripherals for additional features unique to my application. I modified the CubeMx project to remove M1 signals and peripherals and carefully merged the code. I am a bit confused about some of the functions in low_level.cpp and how to isolate M0 from M1 dependencies. Specifically sync_timers() and vbus_sense_adc_cb() . If you have any suggestion or if your new code can provide some information on how to do this, I would really appreciate any help.

What limitations do you expect on the attachable motors?

Can you share more about the pros/cons of making this new design open source?

Thanks

Hey @madcowswe
I’d love to help with V4 design and testing :slight_smile:
I have EE background and lots of robotics experience. Interested in the mini version for a quadruped robot I am working on.
(website mrrobot.ca)
Let me know

1 Like

Cool, thanks for the offer to help! I’ll write to you in DM.

Any chance v4 will include simultaneous hall and encoder monitor?
Still having hugh safety issues with encoder based system losing steps and spinning out of control. Would be nice to use incremental for high resolution and low resolution absolute for safety.

Yes it will have dedicated inputs to halls while also allowing encoder input.

are there plans to release a 56v version of the single axis controller alongside the 24v version, like the full size odrive?

I think we will actually start with a 54V version. We will see if there will even be a 24V version, 70% likely I think.

Hi!

Is the project in schedule? :grin:

If there are to be two different voltage variants, I would vote for a 54V (nominal 48V DC with a bit of room for regen) and 600V version (to drive motors intended for mains voltage, e.g. ACIM or industrial servomotors) :smile:

It looks like someone in China already made one:

1 Like

Hi

I was about to post the same haha, nobody seems to care?

Cheers

Carelsbergh Stijn

1 Like

Any new updates on this project yet? :sweat_smile:

is somebody working on the hardware to use lower power MCU such as STM32F103 series

Is this project still in progress? :slight_smile:

ODrive v4 is going to be single-axis :slight_smile:

Newest image from @madcowswe

5 Likes

Can’t wait to get one of these for my project :slight_smile: