Suddenly cannot connect via odrivetool

I have been using an odrive on 3.6 over usb on Window 10 without issue for a few months. Since this morning however, I am unable to connect via odrivetool and repeatedly get libusb_get_device_list() failed. messages over the console every second. I am still able to see the odrive CDC and Native interfaces on the device manager under “libusb-win32 devices”.

Has anyone dealt with this issue? Could this be a hardware failure? My only other datapoint is that windows updated over the weekend, though this issue persists even after rolling back to a restore point from before the update.

I’ve traced the error message to this line on github, but i’m not familiar enough with libusb to understand why libusb_get_device_list would be returning n_devices < 0

One more datapoint is that a PCI usb expansion card (odrive was not connected to this one) died on me over the weekend. Maybe this is offsetting the libusb enumeration somehow?

You can try removing the drivers with Driver Store Explorer maybe? GitHub - lostindark/DriverStoreExplorer: Driver Store Explorer [RAPR]