AttributeError:

Currently trying to get my odrive set up. Unfortunately, going through the current setup documentation, Im getting some errors. The last time I used the odrive was almost a year ago and the commands are vastly different.

I am getting:

In [4]: odrv0.axis0.config.motor.current_soft_max = 10

AttributeError Traceback (most recent call last)
~\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\Lib\site-packages\odrive\pyfibre\fibre\shell.py in
----> 1 odrv0.axis0.config.motor.current_soft_max = 10

AttributeError: ‘anonymous_interface_2552598260224’ object has no attribute ‘motor’

In [5]: odrv0.axis0.config.motor.torque_constant = 8.27 / 150

AttributeError Traceback (most recent call last)
~\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\Lib\site-packages\odrive\pyfibre\fibre\shell.py in
----> 1 odrv0.axis0.config.motor.torque_constant = 8.27 / 150

AttributeError: ‘anonymous_interface_2552598260224’ object has no attribute ‘motor’

I am not quite sure why. I assume I have a mismatch FW/HW issue. Currently on 3.6 Hardware, 0.5.5 FW and v0.6.3 utility. I could just be easily overlooking something but any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

0.5.5 firmware didn’t change the commands. Make sure you’re looking at the right documentation version. The .config.motor construct is from Pro firmware.

https://docs.odriverobotics.com/v/0.5.5/getting-started.html

AHA! Thank you Wetmelon! I thought it was weird that the commands changed but I’ve seen that before in other distros with new FW so I didn’t think much of it. Thank you once again!

1 Like