Dead Board V3.6?

I just got my odrive 3.6, wired it up, and i get nothing on the usb. zadig does not see it. the dip switch was taped over but i took that off and set it to dfu, still nothing on the USB. So i installed openocd and used the st-link v2 - wont go into that process - i have a gold st-link with different pinouts. got this:
xPack OpenOCD, 64-bit Open On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0+dev (2019-07-17-11:28)
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
WARNING: interface/stlink-v2.cfg is deprecated, please switch to interface/stlink.cfg
Info : auto-selecting first available session transport “hla_swd”. To override use 'transport select '.
Info : The selected transport took over low-level target control. The results might differ compared to plain JTAG/SWD
Info : clock speed 2000 kHz
Error: libusb_open() failed with LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED
Error: open failed

I installed libusb with pip but still the same

any help will be apreceated

What voltage are you supplying?

12 v 30a from a dedicated power supply. Light is on on the board

okay looked around saw that open error was because i did not have a win usb driver for the stmlink. used Zadag to install now this:
WARNING: interface/stlink-v2.cfg is deprecated, please switch to interface/stlink.cfg
Info : auto-selecting first available session transport “hla_swd”. To override use 'transport select '.
Info : The selected transport took over low-level target control. The results might differ compared to plain JTAG/SWD
Info : clock speed 2000 kHz
Info : STLINK V2J29S7 (API v2) VID:PID 0483:3748
Info : Target voltage: 3.139652
Error: init mode failed (unable to connect to the target)

Hi,

I assume you cycled the 12V power after switching to DFU mode? Just make sure you did that, then check in Device Manager (on Windows, or lsusb on Linux). Please report your findings. If nothing shows up then it is possible it’s a defective board. Let me know.

yes i am cycling.
i get this in device manager:
Unknown usb device
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

I unplug it that goes away

so it takes a while to show up

i tried installing driver on the unknown device with zadig - it failed

ran
(base) C:\Users\gratc>odrivetool dfu
ODrive control utility v0.4.12
Waiting for ODrive…

(base) C:\Users\gratc>

This can be a symptom of a bad USB cable. Can you try a short, high quality USB cable, connected without a USB hub?

1 Like

tried three different cables - same

Ok, I will send you a replacement, I will email you with further instructions.

got it - it seems to be working got a motor to turn
thanks!

Was there ever a solution found for this issue? I have literally run into the same problem for the ODrive 3.6

This is typically caused by USB cable problems. Do you have other ones that you can try? Also, what OS are you running?

My USB cable (checked with other stuff) works, I am running Windows 10. After working with it last night I was able to flash the Odrive using the DFuSE software. However I never got the st-link v2 to work.