DFU Flashed, and now it cannot be found

I tried building the devel firmware onto my new v3.5-48V ODrive (using a mac), and now it can’t be found any more, after the 0,2,0,0 error. (Just hangs at “Waiting for Odrive…” Any recommendations?

odrivetool dfu build/ODriveFirmware.hex
ODrive control utility v0.4.1
Waiting for ODrive...
Found ODrive 206435A13748 (v3.5-48V) with firmware v0.4.1-dev

Warning: you are about to flash firmware [unknown version] which is older than the firmware on the device (v0.4.1-dev).
Do you want to flash this firmware anyway? [y/N] y
Saving configuration to /var/folders/vx/rc0ggg3x7glgz5smhjjwfq5c0000gn/T/odrive-config-206435A13748.json...
Configuration saved.
Putting device 206435A13748 into DFU mode...
Erasing... done            
Flashing... (sector 0/6)  
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/odrivetool", line 142, in <module>
    odrive.dfu.launch_dfu(args, logger, app_shutdown_token)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/odrive/dfu.py", line 450, in launch_dfu
    update_device(device, firmware, logger, cancellation_token)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/odrive/dfu.py", line 381, in update_device
    dfudev.write_sector(sector, data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/odrive/dfuse/DfuDevice.py", line 187, in write_sector
    raise RuntimeError("An error occured. Device Status: {!r}".format(status))
RuntimeError: An error occured. Device Status: (0, 2, 0, 0)

As an update, I tried re-flashing with the dip switch to DFU, but i keep getting the same error. I’ve tried the firmware I built into devel, as well as the already prepared hex files on github. It won’t build successfully.

Another update: I fixed my odrive. If you are running OS X and working on a v3.5 Odrive and you bricked it by updating the firmware, to fix yours without needing to buy an ST-Link V2, install bootcamp, and windows 10, flip your dip switch to DFU mode and flash the firmware odrivetool dfu after installing all the prereqs to work with odrive as listed in the developers documentation - then flip the dip switch back after it’s done installing and cycle the power, and your odrive will be back to it’s functioning self.

1 Like

Hi @tgcallaway, just wanted to let you know this 0,2,0,0 bug is known and being actively worked on.

We found a different tool that can flash the ODrive in DFU mode. It’s not as sleek and automated as the dfu command in odrivetool, but hopefully it can help if you are getting errors.

Instructions here

Hi @madcowswe,
I got the exact same problem when I tried to flash my ODrive 3.6 56V. The instruction didnt work for me. The program DfuSe doesnt show my Odrive under “Available DFU Devices”, which is the last step in the instruction. I have got the dfu-file which I created by the DFU File Manager and the hex-file is right, too. I followed the instructions for Zadic devices and my ODrive is in DFU mode by pulling the switch on the board from RUN to DFU.
Where is the problem here? Can you help me?
Thank you :slight_smile:

I solved the problem. Everything was done right. For any reason, I had to wait for a short time after deinstalling the lib-driver from Zadic and changed the USB port (I replugged the USB directly after deinstallation to the same USB port before). Also restarting the Odrive could be the solution (not only replugging). :smiley:.

1 Like