Getting a current measurement error before motor calibration on Axis0

Hi,

I’m having problem with my axis0 on my 24V V3.6 ODrive. I’m getting the ERROR_CURRENT_MEASUREMENT_TIMEOUT before motor calibration. From previous post I saw it could be a connection or wire problem, however that doesn’t seem to be the case for me as I swapped the motors between axis0 and axis1 and still get the same. Axis1 works fine. Any idea what the problem could be? Thanks.

Edit: I should add that I did get it to work from time to time by tightening the screws and shuffling stuff around, but I can’t seem to find the issue

Best regards,
Tomas

Do you get any other errors? Current measurement timeout is usually associated with something else. Please use dump_errors(odrv0) to see all errors.

Hi,

that was the only error. Today I flashed the RazorsEdge firmware and haven’t had any issue yet.

Hi,
I am facing the same issue. I’m getting the UNKNOWN_CURRENT_MEASUREMENT error before the motor calibration on one of my motordrivers. Is there something I can do to solve this error? In my case that is also the only error message I’m receiving. I changed some wires around as well as the motor and I can’t seem to solve this issue. I’m using hoverboard motors.
Could it be that one of my drivers is somehow damaged?

To be upfront I don’t have a geniune odrive (3.6 56V).

Best regards,
Tom

Did you ever figure this out McFox? I’m seeing the same error on one axis on mine and just can’t figure it out

No sadly not. If you find anything, please let me know.

I’m likely just going to switch to VESCs or try hacking a hoverboard controller for the hoverboard motors to be honest, despite the hoverboard setup guide they really aren’t a good match for the ODrive. I can’t afford to update to the newer ODrive boards and the v3.6 isn’t going to get any updates so no hope of improvements.