Higher current shunt noise on Axis 0

Hello,

I’ve observed that the current shunt noise on axis 0 is much higher than on axis 1. Has anyone the same problem and knows why? I am using the same motors on both axis and configured the same settings. I have already swapped the motors, so I could eliminate that it’s a motor/ mechanical issue.

Additionally, I feel a torque ripple on axis 0 when moving the motor in torque control mode. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Another observation that I made: when both axis are in torque control mode and I’m e.g. commanding a torque of 0 to axis 0 and a torque of 0.04 to axis 1, motor 0 begins to jiggle.

I am guessing the issues/ observations are related. I’de be glad for explanations and advices, thanks!

Yeah, this is probably just a hardware design problem. One axis tends to have higher current shunt noise, although it seems to depend a little on the exact board and hardware plugged into it. v4 has much better current measurement pathing and a significantly improved (roughly an order of magnitude) noise floor.

Thanks for your reply! So is it possible that there are huge differences between two boards of the same type (V3.6, 24V)? I’ve got two boards and one of them is signficantly worse concerning torque ripple.

That sounds great. Is v4 already available to buy? I thought v3.6 would be the newest version.

Huge differences between boards? No. That would be a hardware problem.

V4 is not yet ready, 3.6 is the newest currently available. If you’re interested in v4, please fill out this form:

Do you mean hardware problem of odrive hardware? Or of the hardware attached to the odrive like motors?

Thanks for the form!

ODrive hardware, possibly (but unlikely) the motors or encoders.