Issue with tuning on ODrive Tool

I am sure this is something simple, but I just can’t figure it out. I have several ODrive 3.4 (with old FW) and tons of motors and encoders. I bought an ODrive 3.5 yet haven’t been able to get any motor or encoder tuned with it.

I have tried three different motors and two different encoders and haven’t been able to find any settings that doesn’t cause major vibration. The only setting that stops the vibration is

odrv0.axis0.controller.config.vel_gain = 0.0

I have tried re-flashing the firmware several times, master branch as well as dev, no luck. Please take a look at the video below and let me know what I am missing. I am guessing there is a setting in the ODriveTool that I don’t know about that needs to be adjusted.

The units of vel_gain are very sensitive, for example the default value is 5.0f / 10000.0f, so about 0.0005.

We intend to do a unit overhaul at some point to make this a bit more user friendly.

Awesome, thank you! I guess I just wasn’t adjusting it low enough and was used to playing with it in the firmware for ODrive 3.4

I think I needed to get down to .0001 for vel_gain and now its working ok.