Last input vel command issue

Hello, I have Odrive 3.6V with 0.5.4 firmware. I used python odrive API to control motors. I am using motors in Closed Loop and giving speed with controller.input_vel. The Problem when I lost connection with PC and Odrive , robot is going with last input speed. How to fix this issue, I need to calibrate odrive that if no input vel in some seconds i need to give 0 vel automaticallly from odrive itself. Who can fix it?

To automatically stop the motors if there is no input velocity for some time, you can implement a timeout feature in your code that sets the velocity to zero if no new input is received within a specified time period.

In Python, you can do this by using a timer that continuously checks the elapsed time since the last input velocity was set and if the elapsed time exceeds a certain threshold, set the velocity to zero.

Here’s an example of how you could implement this in Python:

pythonCopy code

import time

# Set the timeout threshold in seconds
timeout = 5

# Get the current time
start_time = time.time()

# Continuously check for new inputs
while True:
    # Get the current time
    current_time = time.time()

# Check if the elapsed time since the last input velocity is set exceeds the timeout threshold
    if current_time - start_time > timeout:
        # Set the velocity to zero if the elapsed time exceeds the timeout threshold
        odrv.axis0.controller.input_vel = 0
    else:
        # Get the new input velocity
        new_input_vel = #...

# Update the start time and set the new input velocity
        start_time = time.time()
        odrv.axis0.controller.input_vel = new_input_vel

This code will continuously check for new input velocities and set the velocity to zero if no new input is received within the specified timeout period.

This may help !

Thanks for help. I got your solution. But what happens if connection with controller and driver lost?
Is driver has some timeout function ? Like if no input commands in some elapsed time it gives 0 vel automatically.
Thanks

Use the integrated watchdog. See the API docs for help