Moving Beyond Step Dir

I have been using ODrive for a couple of years now but have not implemented it in a system. I have been going on the assumption that I would be using the step dir interface because the applications I have been using are step dir. I know that the ODrive can do much better if I use RS485 , modbus or something like that. My main application is Mach4 and it has a modbus interface. The thing is that I don’t even know where to start. I am using the ODrive but my quandary is really of a larger scale. I have other drives that give me the same problem. My coding level is very rudimentary, mostly modifying existing code to make it work for my project. I don’t necessarily need to use Mach3 or 4 but there is no way I am going to create an application to run a mill or anything else from scratch. So I guess my question is. Where do I start? I know this not purely an ODrive question but you guys are the only ones I know that can get me going in the right direction.
Thanks

I’m surprised that no one has had any response. I thought you guys would be all over this. Please give me a little help.
Thanks

ODrive has UART, I2C, step/dir, PWM, and CAN interfaces. You’ll have to get something that can speak one of those protocols, then create a driver for it that sends the right messages to ODrive. One of these days we will implement CANopen on ODrive but it’s not available at the moment.