ODrive 3.5 24V USB Malfunction

Hi all,

I have been working with version 3.5 24V board for a few weeks. Today, all of a sudden - Windows reported USB malfunction. At this point it was not recognizable by Windows or Mac, and no longer appeared in the device manager. I was able to get it into DFU mode hoping that re-flashing the firmware would fix it. DFU mode recognized the ODrive, but errors occurred during the update process on both Mac and Windows - Output is below. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

ODrive control utility v0.4.1
Waiting for ODrive…
Found ODrive 2062377D3548 (v3.5-24V) with firmware [unknown version] in DFU mode
Checking online for newest firmware… found v0.4.2
Downloading firmware v0.4.2…
The configuration cannot be backed up because the device is already in DFU mode. The configuration may be lost after updating. Do you want to continue anyway? [Y/n] Y
Erasing… done
Flashing… (sector 3/6)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/odrivetool", line 142, in <module>
odrive.dfu.launch_dfu(args, logger, app_shutdown_token)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/odrive/dfu.py", line 450, in launch_dfu
update_device(device, firmware, logger, cancellation_token)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/odrive/dfu.py", line 381, in update_device
dfudev.write_sector(sector, data)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/odrive/dfuse/DfuDevice.py", line 187, in write_sector
raise RuntimeError("An error occured. Device Status: {!r}".format(status))
RuntimeError: An error occured. Device Status: (0, 2, 0, 0)

After some searching I realized there was a problem with the DFU and I was able to buy an ST-Link and flash it back into working order. I’m not sure why it died in the first place but at least I’m running again!!

1 Like

We found a different tool that can flash the ODrive in DFU mode. It’s not as sleek and automated as the dfu command in odrivetool, but hopefully it can help if you are getting errors.

Instructions here