I am seeing some strange behavior out of our ODrive 56V board once I changed to a new encoder.
Old HW combination worked, but non-indexed encoder was not production worthy, but worked
We are using a HUB motor with 10 pole pairs, and were using a 4096 CPR encoder WITHOUT index. This setup seemed to work but was susceptible to noise coupling from the drive wires.
So we added an external 8192CPR AMT 102V encoder. Now we get good operation, but noticed that the ODrive can get stuck in a state where the feedback loop appears to be broken. We are setting a velocity command with velocity of 0, and it seems there are two stable positions where the feedback works properly when surpassed by forcing rotation in either direction. The state is bistable, and the feedback appears to work to the left and right of the two locations.