ODrive tool not connecting in Windows

I was trying to update firmware of ODrive v3.5. During the process some error occured and the process terminated. But after this, running odrivetool doesn’t recognize the connected device. But the device is recognized as STM32 BOOTLOADER when i run it in DFU mode (switching the DIP switch to the DFU side). I get the following output:

C:\Users\user_name>odrivetool --verbose
ODrive control utility v0.4.11
Waiting for ODrive…
USB discover loop
Please connect your ODrive.
You can also type help() or quit().

USB discover loop
USB discover loop
USB discover loop
USB discover loop
USB discover loop
USB discover loop
USB discover loop
USB discover loop
USB discover loop
USB discover loop
In [1]: quit

C:\Users\user_name>

USB discover loop gets printed endlessly unless I quit the process.

So i presumed the firmware was corrupted and have to upload a new firmware. I made a new firmware .dfu file using the dfu file manager. But DfuSe Demo application is not recognizing any device unde the available devices. I have checked out other posts with similar connectivity issues but in their cases the verbose command gave at least some other info other than USB discover loop.

How do I troubleshoot this?

Check out this page - https://docs.odriverobotics.com/odrivetool#device-firmware-update

You may have to use a different DFU tool to flash, or in the worst case, use an STLink

Reflashing the firmware in ODrive seems to work when done in Linux. I guess it was some weird problem i had with Windows.

1 Like