Odrive unresponsive after entering closed loop control

Hello everyone. I am starting to work with Odrive and the same problem happens to me, while I am configuring, calibrating and working with odrivetools, I have no problem, but when I run the command:

odrv0.axis0.requested_state = AXIS_STATE_CLOSED_LOOP_CONTROL

odrivetool starts out with problems. First it freezes the command for about 25 [s], and then it enables me a new command line, it does this a few times until it reaches a point where odrivetool directly freezes, and does not reset again. Among so many tests, I noticed that when it is frozen, if in that state I disconnect the USB cable, the odrivetool immediately enables me a command line, it is as if the communication between the odrive and the pc, through the communication cable, remained in an infinite loop without solving something … something that I don’t know what it is !!!
Please I need help inmediately!!!
Thank you very much to all!!!

Hello, although my comment is quite late, but I hope you can help !!!
As I had posted, I had the same problem. The characteristics of my engine are:

• Type: BLDC with encoder
  • Voltage: 48 [Vdc]
  • Nominal current: 20 [A]
  • Encoder without pulse-index
    But another characteristic that I think influences this issue a lot is the length of the motor cable, which in my case is 6 [meters]. When I started with this problem, I afflicted Anaconda, after doing a super cleaning on my PC, and reinstalling Python from scratch, in a Standalone way, when I ran Odrivetool again, the same thing happened to me, after executing:

odrv0.axis0.requested_state = AXIS_STATE_CLOSED_LOOP_CONTROL

Odrivetool was freezing me.
SOLUTION: Install a ferrite core in the power cables. Unfortunately I only got a toroid to which I could get 2 turns of cables (and not 3 as recommended), and that this toroid has a material that works in the range of up to 100 [MHz] (up to 300 [MHz] is recommended ).
In the same way, it was enough so that the Odrivetool no longer freezes! Then I must keep testing and testing !!!
SUCCESSES and I hope I have been able to help a little!

3 Likes