ODrive v3.5 not connecting in Windows

Glad you got everything working!

To answer this question:

The default for the 48V version of the firmware should be dc_bus_overvoltage_trip_level = 51.84. I don’t know how you ended up getting the value that’s intended for the 24V version.

I’m having the issue of Windows (Anaconda) not recognizing the ODrvie 3.5!
Using Zadig, I did install the usb driver and it does shows up in my device manager!

However, odrivetool in Anaconda does not find the odrive!
Searching in the community comments, I found that some people resolved this through disabling Odrive CDC (which is what I have done, per the snapshop above), some resolved the issue through flashing the device using the ST tool, which is what I did, but still no hope!
All I get is Anaconda asking me to connect the odrive!

I also tried a different computer. The issue in that one was even worse! :slight_smile:
On that computer odrivetool wouldn’t run. It would give the error message of:
[TerminalIPythonApp] WARNING | File not found: ‘C:\Users\Username’

BTW, I’m not modifying the firmware or anything! Just trying to run odrive for the first time, using Windows and Python!

Any help is appreciated!

Can you try running odrivetool in verbose mode, and let us know if there is any additional information?
odrivetool -v

Hi,

Thanks for the response. That command gives the message of “no response - probably incompatible”.
here what I see when I use that command:

C:\Users\install>odrivetool -v
ODrive control utility v0.4.6
Waiting for ODrive…
USB discover loop
Please connect your ODrive.
You can also type help() or quit().

ConfigurationValue 1
InterfaceNumber 2,0
EndpointAddress 3
EndpointAddress 131

EndpointAddress for writing 3
EndpointAddress for reading 131
Connecting to device on USB device bus 0 device 2

no response - probably incompatible
USB discover loop
USB discover loop
USB discover loop
USB discover loop

BTW, I tried using arduino for running the device and spinning a motor (for the first time), but that also did not work!

It does the initial tuning (pressing 0) and the motor turns by a fraction of a turn. And also it does read the encoder. But, when I press “s” for “test move” it does nothing!

I hope you can help, as I have not been able to do anything with the purchased ODrive yet!

Thanks

Can you try flashing the new firmware version 0.4.7?