Odrive v3.6 56V connection issue

Hi,

I have a problem with one of my odrives. I have 6dof driving simulator and one of it´s odrives lost connection after short driving. I didn´t reflash it again before I know is there something else wrong with it.

My odrives are connected to pc via usb. I can see all three odrives in device manager (Ports (COM & LPT)) al the time. Even aftert the connection lost. I tried different usb port but the situation is the same. After the connection lost I go to odrivetool and it looks like this:

[USB] Transfer on EP 0x03 still in progress. This is gonna be messy.←[0m
Exception in callback <CFunctionType object at 0x0000021CC5E61E10>(<ctypes.winty...0021CC4E44A40>)
handle: <Handle <CFunctionType object at 0x0000021CC5E61E10>(<ctypes.winty...0021CC4E44A40>)>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\SimuPC\anaconda3\lib\asyncio\events.py", line 80, in _run
    self._context.run(self._callback, *self._args)
OSError: exception: access violation reading 0x0000000000000010

I didn´t found what to do with that. Do you have an idea how to fix this?

Thank you,
Ari

PS. After odrive´s reboot I usuly need to use Zadig to make drivers for Native. That happens almost every time. Can this be part of my conneciton problem and is there any solution to fix that?

ODrive V3 sometimes loses firmware, we think it’s something with the power supply and / or ground loops but not entirely sure.

Make sure you’re following all the appropriate noise abatement measures (ferrite rings, no ground loops, USB isolators)

Hi,

I have ferrite rings and USB isolator and I am pretty sure I don´t have any ground loops.

I think I solve the problem. USB cable were too close of PSU´s 230V power cable . After I move it farther away I haven´t get that problem again.

1 Like

my suggestion is that you move to CAN as usb is unreliable. usb isolators for me do not help only very short usb cables (10-20cm) seem to be more reliable. I suspect the problem is interference for me.