Phase Inductance and Resistance out of range with hover wheels

Hello, I’m trying to get ODrive to work with my 2 hoverboard wheels. I’ve tried the tutorial on https://docs.odriverobotics.com/hoverboard.html but failed to set
odrv0.axis0.encoder.config.mode = ENCODER_MODE_HALL. Instead I setted it to the value 1.
Now while trying to run the calibration test, I hear a beep and no movement whatsoever on the wheel. The error I get while typing hex(odrv0.axis0.motor.error) is 0x11 which I think relates to phase inductance and resistance out of range.

Can someone help me? Thanks in advance.

Hi lince

That error is typical of when your motor winding resistance is quite a bit higher or lower than the odrive expects. Try the following commands and then do the calibration again:

odrv0.axis0.motor.config.resistance_calib_max_voltage = 3

The default value is 1V for reference. You can also try changing the calibration current:

odrv0.axis0.motor.config.calibration_current = 20

The default value here is 10A.

Play around with those values and see if you can’t get things working and let us know how you go. Currently there is reference to resistance_calib_max_voltage in the docs and perhaps we need to change that if it turns out that this fixes your problem.

Cheers

2 Likes