Dear Odrive developers!
I would like to contact you urgently and ask for essential support in solving a Proplem with the endstops!!!
As you surely know, I have been working on the realization of a 6DOF Motion platform for about 1 year. After many problems with the Odrive I finally got a prototype actuator working. Based on this prototype, I have now built 6 actuators and have been commissioning them for 2 weeks.
But now I have the following new problems, which I don’t get fixed despite 4 long evenings/nights of debugging and trying out all sorts of things:
- When I connect only one actuator to my Odrive, the limit switches work as planned: Homing - moving to middle position - limit switches are triggered when the end positions are reached. I tried the whole thing with NO and NC reed switches.
The reed switches are connected to the Odrive as follows:
But when I now connect the second actuator and limit switches to the Odrive, the homing suddenly doesn’t work properly anymore. I.e. the homing position is not recognized by the second actuator that reaches the homing-position. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.
If it works, the actuators move to the middle position. But if I trigger the limit switches manually, the Odrive doesn’t recognize the end positions anymore!
- Second problem: It happens regularly - i.e. every second start (Power off and on again) - that either only one actuator doesnt make the calibration sequence, or none at all. Again by chance.
To blame everything on EMC problems seems too easy, because one actuator runs reliably.
For me the whole thing is quite frustrating for several reasons. On the one hand because constantly new problems cost a lot of precious time and on the other hand that I strongly support the Odrive in the XSimulator forum and every problem that is just counterproductive to it.
Therefore I would kindly ask you to get an active support from the developers this time.
Thank you very much!
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)