Positioning after start

Hi all
is there a startup command in the Odrive that makes an actuator moving automatically to a certain (start-) position between the retracted and extracted actuator-position; and then makes this position to zero?
As I dont have endstops and the homing function anymore I have to find a way to make it like described in order to be able to use a different interface software (mover interface from the Xsimulator board)

Wickie

Hi

If you set an offset, the actuator will home, set pos to 0, move to offset value, set pos to 0 again and you’re ready to go.

Cheers

Carelsbergh Stijn

Hi @Stijn_Carelsbergh!

Thank you for your answer! What you said seems not to be so difficult, but in detail I dont understand it - sorry. Could you pls. help me again?

1. “If you set an offset”…which command can set an offset?
  2. “the actuator will home”…?? I thought homing is only part of the endstop firmware? I currently have only the main branch firmware?
  3. “move to offset value” …do you mean with the pos_setpoint??
  4. “set pos to 0 again”…which command can do this?

I am sorry for not understanding anything!!!

Wickie

Hi

I’m using the endstop firmware, van you tell me what’s not working with yours, I had a lot off problems too and fixed them all so maybe I know what’s wrong.

Here are my settings:

Cheers

Carelsbergh Stijn

Hi Stijn,
Super, thanks!
I will give the endstop fimware a second chance this weekend because I think some of the problems I had came from my too weak PSU.
Do you use the Zennix firmware?

Hello Stijn
and @Wetmelon for info…

Because I suspected my power supply to be a problem with the endstop firmware, I bought 3 car batteries, which I can connect in series to get 36V.
With this power supply I made many attempts the last 2 days…and I am almost going crazy.

1. Odrive main-branch-firmware:
    Test with 36V - power supply: runs smoothly without problems, but has no endstops and therefore I cant use it with the interface software.
    => currently no solution

2. Old Endstop firmware from Sept. 2018:
    Tests with 12V from car battery: Starts clean, makes a clean homing but GPIO pin5 (the upper endstop for me) does not work.

Super strange!: Test with 24V from car battery - no changes on the simulator, wiring or parameters - only change from 12V to 24V: Result: The endstops are not recognized anymore. No Homing .
=> No solution

1. Back to the current RazorsEdge:
    Test with 12V and 24V: Start and homing without problems!..BUT: at one of the two actuators the endstops are no longer working. The signals are not recognized, although I measured the input signals directly at the Odrive input.
    => No solution

So…what now???

I think I have to wait until the Endstops are integrated in the main branch firmware and tested by Wetmelon…

Maybe you could send me your firmware as a *.elf file? and the matching configuration file ? For a last tryal…

Thanks a lot!
regards Wickie

Hi

Are you just trying to home or are you running the command to see if the switches are recognized?

Cheers

Carelsbergh Stijn

The homing is part of my startup procedure. I measured that the switches are working correctly direct on the GPIO, but not with help of a command…

Hi

Try it with the command to be sure, also try with an external pullup or pulldown resistor. I had problems with this too, it just would not home and then I found out that the switches we’re just not being read.

Let me know when you’ve tried

Cheers

Carelsbergh Stijn