I have a question regarding switching from velocity mode (vel ramp input mode) to control mode for a robot arm I am working on.
Imagine my scenario:
- a joint is at home position (pos_estimate = 0, pos_setpoint = 0)
- I placed it in velocity mode (to jog) and moved it to pos_estimate = 9 [revs]
- now I want to go back to position mode. But, the second I place it in position mode it races back to “zero” position (because pos_setpoint is still = 0, and pos_estimate is not)
What I want the joint to do:
- after I used velocity mode to jog the joint, I want to place it in position mode but want to to stay where it is at, and continue on from there using position mode.
- pos_setpoint is not writable (anymore on the new firmware).
Is it possible to change/modify the pos_setpoint?
How can I achieve switching from velocity mode to position mode (preferably without putting the joint i idle and then closed loop again)