Stanford Doggo Project: an ODrive-powered quadruped robot

Hi @Nathan, I clone the repositories from https://github.com/Nate711/StanfordDoggoProject. When I compile the modified ODrive firmware, some errors happened.

I have followed the steps of the official tutorial to build a firmware development environment in win10 OS.

What could be the problem? And anyone has similar problems? Can anybody offer me a help?

looks like you have no Arm GCC toolchain installed (or if it is installed, it’s not on your PATH)

1 Like

I have installed Arm GCC and tried different versions. Is my path set incorrectly?image image

Idk what’s up with that screenshot lol. what are you trying to show? Open a terminal anywhere on your pc and type arm-none-eabi-gcc --version. If it throws an error, your PATH is incorrect

Hey @Nathan @Wetmelon @madcowswe , I have followed all the instructions mentioned on the GitHub repo and Odrive documentation page. I’ve managed to build the custom Firmware with 3 warnings and flashed it on ODrive 3.6.

After this, I have uploaded the configuration by running the Doggo_setup.py file, configuration uploaded successfully. whenever I switch on the ODrive the motor calibration sequence starts and holds the position. But whenever I try to control the motors from UART communication the is no response. I’ve flashed the code of doggo using vs code with platform IO extension, the flash was successful
but whenever I try to send commands in the serial monitor there is no response from ODrive.
I tried the example code given in Odrive library uploaded on an Uno board I modified the baud rate to (500000) when tried reading the bus voltage it is returning 0.00
I tried dumping the error codes in odrive tool and there are no errors
I tried testing the Odrive in USB interface, ran the Demo.py scrip the motors were running.
All the connection were given as per the instructions mentioned.
I am not using an IMU sensor. Shoul i comment anay line in the source code ?
please help me in fixing this issue. thanks in advance.

Hi
Where is the your firmware to ODrive, because I don’t find hex or dfu file?

Hi @Niranjan_Vishnubhatl, read your post here. Did you manage to run the firmware on Odrive 3.6? I’m looking to develop this project on that.