Startup AntiCogging Calibration in Current Control

Hi, I have been trying to figure out how to use the anticogging calibration through current control. As such I have hit two questions that I can’t seem to find the answer to. I figured it was worth putting them both in the same post just to make things a bit easier.

1. is there any way to save the anticogging calibration data through power cycles? Basically, so that I calibrate it once and then don’t have to after I reboot? The reason I ask is that that is what it seems like is done in this video (around the 9:20 mark).
  2. Does anticogging help with current control? I have seen papers that claim that it helps smooth out the forces, but I can’t seem to understand how that would work if you are giving direct current commands. Wouldn’t the software that gives the commands have to have access to the anticogging data and then have the input signals account for it accordingly?

I know these are both long and complicated questions, but I really couldn’t find an answer to them and have been quite confused. Any help is appreciated.