Too much current?

I’ve setup an Odrive, getting commands from arduino, i had everything working fine, added some more code, but now it’s seems like the current going to the motor is way to high after calibration.
(e.g. wires getting hot) I didn’t have this before, and was able to control the motors just fine.
I set the current via the arduino, but even when set to 1, the wires still get hot (and start smoking a bit).
Any ideas how this could be?

I had a similar problem. I noticed when I used the python script test no overheating at all took place. On the other hand, when I used the arduino sketch the temp went up considerably… Can you please share your arduno code?

Thanks

It’s gonna be alot of code to post, but i have a suspicion.
At this point my code runs in a loop, which means i constantly output a position to the motor, but this position mostly stays the same, so i’m spamming one position to the motor, which might cause problems?

That shouldn’t cause any issues. Please post your code to something like pastebin.com

https://pastebin.com/Gpfg1mpG

I hope you can make sense of all of it

I suggest changing it to only output a position to the motor when the desired position changes, or up to a certain rate. Also, ensure that your currently limit is set correctly (it seems to be setting it to 1A)

You may want to add a small delay in here:

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
  testMoves();
  shiftme();
  readFlipperOne();
  readFlipperTwo();
}

I will give that a try wednesday, current was set to 1A now because i thought it might have been to high, this didn’t seem the case, still need to change back the current setting