Tup error: file '*' was written to, but is not in .tup/db

Hi all

I am trying to compile the latest firmware from github. After make i get the following tup error

1. python interface_generator_stub.py --definitions odrive-interface.yaml --template fibre/cpp/type_info_template.j2 --output autogen/type_info.hpp
      *** tup messages ***
      tup error: File ‘C:/Users/Unknown/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python38-32/lib/importlib/pycache/metadata.cpython-38.pyc’ was written to, but is not in .tup/db. You probably should specify it as an output
      – Delete: C:/Users/Unknown/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python38-32/lib/importlib/pycache/metadata.cpython-38.pyc
      *** Command failed due to errors processing the output dependencies.
    1. python interface_generator_stub.py --definitions odrive-interface.yaml --generate-endpoints ODrive --template fibre/cpp/endpoints_template.j2 --output autogen/endpoints.hpp
      *** tup messages ***
      tup error: File ‘C:/Users/Unknown/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python38-32/lib/encodings/pycache/unicode_escape.cpython-38.pyc’ was written to, but is not in .tup/db. You probably should specify it as an output
      – Delete: C:/Users/Unknown/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python38-32/lib/encodings/pycache/unicode_escape.cpython-38.pyc
      tup error: File ‘C:/Users/Unknown/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python38-32/lib/importlib/pycache/metadata.cpython-38.pyc’ was written to, but is not in .tup/db. You probably should specify it as an output
      – Delete: C:/Users/Unknown/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python38-32/lib/importlib/pycache/metadata.cpython-38.pyc
      *** Command failed due to errors processing the output dependencies.
      [ ETA~=24s Remaining=85 Active=0 ] 2%
      *** tup: 2 jobs failed.
      make: *** [all] Error 1

I am in using windows 64 and found some reference to the problem here:

However the solution is not working as i don;t have the setting described there.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

This is just saying that your python module is writing to its cache. Tup doesn’t like that, as it does dependency tracking. We’ll take a look at it.

Which branch are you trying to compile?

Thank you for the reply. The branch i was trying is the devel downloaded yesterday.