6 DOF racesimulator

Hi guys,
Here I am, back again and this time with a project. I’m building a 6 DOF racesimulator. Here are some pictures off the disign, if there are any questions, feel free to ask me.

Cheers Stijn

2 Likes

Very cool! Man y’all are making me want one now. What do you have as far as the frame goes? I assume there is a common design that is followed?

Hi,

Yes there is in fact a common disign that is followed but it’s still pretty adjustable, so I’m not sure on the frame yet.

Cheers Stijn

Hi,
Can someone tell me if this flow disign is correct?

Cheers Stijn

Looks right to me, but you may be able to skip the “Arduinos” part, depending on the outputs you have from simtools

Hi Stijn, looking good :grinning:

What motors/screws ect; have you chosen?

And tell us a little about torque speed and so on.

Jerry.

Hi,

Okay thanks

Cheers

Hi Sijn,

Wetmelon is right. You can skip the arduino stuff. Connect it direct to the Gaming PC. You will need three USB Ports for the three ODrives, but you can drive all of it with one Game engine of SimTools.

Great to hear you are starting.

Greetings / Zennix

Hi

Great to hear back from you, do you have the code to do it? And do you have the code for the limit switches?

Cheers Stijn

Hi,

I’m building this thing for my graduation project, and I also need to make a small ‘book’ about it, I need to write information on the parts I use in the project, is there someone that has a good explaination of what an ODrive is what it does how it does it and so on?

Also does someone know if you can het a sponsorship from ODrive?

Thanks for all the help guys!

Cheers Stijn

Hi Stijn,
find the code here: End switches an interrupts
But there are still some issues with it. Hopefully the bugs are fixed till you need the software.

Greetings / Zennix

Hi,
Thanks
Cheers
Stijn

There is a little bit of info about how the control loops work available in the documentation.

As for sponsorship, please email info@odriverobotics.com.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply
Cheers
Stijn

Hi,

I’m working hard on my racesimulator and I’m trying to do it as fast as possible so that it doesn’t take forever. Here are some pictures

Also I wanted to ask if someone knows what steering wheel I need? I want to play on pc is that the g920 or the g29 or …

Cheers
Carelsbergh Stijn

Hi Stijn,
great work :+1:

My steering wheel is a Logitec G27. Works great.

Greetings / Zennix

Hi all,

I’ve been very bussy working on the project. Here are some pictures.

(The wooden frame is for testing)

1 Like

Hi Stijn,
nice work. Do you think the wood construction, is stiff enough?
I love your chair:grin:
Greetings / Zennix

Hi zennix,

No, not at all, I just made it to be able to see how it would look, if it isn’t to big or small and to see if there are any impossible things that I didn’t think of in the first place

Cheers

Carelsbergh Stijn

Hi Stijn,
did you design the rig by yourself?
I know that you can simulate the construction with simtools in sketchup. I didn’t tried it out. Do you?

Greetings / Zennix