Firmware Build Tup Error

Hi All,

I am currently trying to build the Odrive firmware using VS Code on Windows. It is simply the firmware from Github. When I run the build I get the following errors:

board version: v3.5-24V
Firmware version 0.5.2-dev (fw-v0.5.2-22-g5bd221e6*)

1. python -B interface_generator_stub.py --definitions odrive-interface.yaml --generate-endpoints ODrive3 --template fibre-cpp/endpoints_template.j2 --output autogen/endpoints.hpp
      *** tup messages ***
      tup error: Expected to write to file ‘autogen/endpoints.hpp’ from cmd 421 but didn’t
      *** Command failed due to errors processing the output dependencies.
    1. python -B interface_generator_stub.py --definitions odrive-interface.yaml --template fibre-cpp/function_stubs_template.j2 --output autogen/function_stubs.hpp
      *** tup messages ***
      tup error: Expected to write to file ‘autogen/function_stubs.hpp’ from cmd 419 but didn’t
    1. python -B interface_generator_stub.py --definitions odrive-interface.yaml --template fibre-cpp/type_info_template.j2 --output autogen/type_info.hpp
      *** tup messages ***
      tup error: Expected to write to file ‘autogen/type_info.hpp’ from cmd 423 but didn’t
    1. python -B interface_generator_stub.py --definitions odrive-interface.yaml --template fibre-cpp/interfaces_template.j2 --output autogen/interfaces.hpp
      *** tup messages ***
      tup error: Expected to write to file ‘autogen/interfaces.hpp’ from cmd 417 but didn’t
      [ ETA~=17s Remaining=99 Active=0 ] 3%
      *** tup: 4 jobs failed.
      make: *** [Makefile:33: all] Error 1
      The terminal process “C:\Program Files\Git\bin\bash.exe ‘-c’, ‘make’” terminated with exit code: 2.

Press any key to close the terminal.

I searched through the forum but I didn’t find any solution working for this error.

If anyone knows how to fix it, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Sounds to me like python isn’t running properly. In your bash shell, can you call python --version?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I currently have python 3.9.4.

I don’t think the problem comes from Python itself. I tried it with Python 3.9.6 and I had the same error.
It might be because of some interaction between Python and something else then.
I do not really know what it could be though.

Very strange. What happens if you just try to do that same function call:

python -B interface_generator_stub.py --definitions odrive-interface.yaml --template fibre-cpp/interfaces_template.j2 --output autogen/interfaces.hpp

Running the command alone seemed to be working. I tried a few things but I didn’t manage to make it work. I just tried to build my firmware on another computer and it is working well. I will just use this computer now instead.
Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Getting this same error now. Can’t get it working on another computer. Can also run the command alone just fine. Verified that it is using the same python interpreter from within make command and direct command.

1 Like