Problem with Encoder Estimates via CAN in 0.5.6

I just updated the firmware of my boards (V3.6 56V) to the latest version 0.5.6. Now I have problems with the getting the encoder estimates via CAN Bus.

When I send the request (0x009) I get as result always always zero for position and speed. Even if I move the motors.
For example, if I give the motor the CAN ID 1 and send
cansend can0 029#R
then the result is always
can0 029 [8] 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

I have tested the following:

• Asking for the position via USB and odrivetool… works without problems and gives values other than zero
  • Asking for the encoder count (0x00A) via CAN… works without problems and gives values other than zero
  • Test on other motors and IDs… same situation
  • Automatic sending via encoder_rate_ms… same situration

Did anything else change with the new firmware that I didn’t consider? Does anyone else have an idea what the problem could be?

Can you double check the value axis.controller.config.load_encoder_axis? It should be the same as the axis # (0 or 1)

Thanks for the answer! But the load_encoder_axis outputs the value it should. That does not seem to be the problem.

I have now gone back to firmware version 0.5.5. There everything works without problems, with the same settings. Because I always set the parameters with the same Python script, I can also say that it is not due to different settings.