Setting UART enabled even after Erase Configuration

Hi!

We have a ODrive Pro that’s connected to Bluetooth module via UART. We are trying to configure the Odrive via Bluetooth Module.

Erase configuration disables the UART, and we can’t remotely configure the Odrive via Bluetooth after that. Seems UART is disabled by default in current generation drives.

We need to enable UART via GUI to make it work again. Is there any option to keep the UART enabled after erase configuration in new Odrives?

Thanks…

Hi - we could give a custom build that has UART enabled by default. However, why the need for erasing the configuration? If you keep track of the configuration parameters that have been changed, you should be able to simply revert them.

Thanks. A custom build with UART enabled would be helpful for us. How can we get that?

Currently, we don’t have options to keep track of the configuration programmatically, we use basic serial Bluetooth terminal app. Manually we can do that, but we find it inefficient.

Also, we thought about overwriting the configuration, but we weren’t sure about it working perfectly between changing control modes.
For example, initially if I’m setting it in torque mode and applying respective commands, and later planning to change it to velocity mode, do I need to apply just velocity mode commands or do I need to clear the existing torque mode commands and apply these velocity mode commands.

To avoid those confusion, we were in need of the complete erase.