Simulator rig with ODrive

Hi,
yes I could share the CAD datas, but it’s very special. It fits only to this kind of motor and the aluminium frame. Therefore I will wait with sharing till my prototype is working.

Yor second question:
I have designed a 3d printing part thats squizes O-rings inside the carbon tube. Don’t know if this will be enough.

The other side at the ball screw nut has to be glued. 3M 2216 is the best but extremly expensive. UHU endfest could be an alternative.

Greetings / Zennix

Hi all, time for an update.

machining a heatsink for the power resistor.

And the base chassis

Now waiting for:

1. limit/home switch firmware
  2. CFK tube for the second actuator

Greetings / Zennix

2 Likes

Hi,

Nice little update. I actualy meant the ODrive casing.

Ah, OK
If I find some additional time, I will remove the Zennix and share it.

Greetings / Zennix

Hi Zennix, very cool, I can’t wait to see your works in action :smiley:

Regards Jerry.

New Update:

placing a anti shaking ring to the ball screw.

I decide to change the powersupply to DELL server PSUs. Each offers 12V and 53A. To put it serial for 36 Volt I had to disconnect the AC ground and the DC ground. Otherwise :boom:
Additional I connected a LM34 to the fan control line so it runs depending on the temperatur. Next was a relais to switch all three on together.

Greetings / Zennix

Hi,
It’s me again, I don’t think the ring will last long, I have been thinking about other ways to do it, bit I haven’t found a better solution.

The power supply’s are not for only 1 motor right?

Cheers Stijn

Hi Stijn,
power supply for one ODrive with two motors.

Greetings / Zennix

Time for an update.

The missing parts have arrieved.

First Actuator is completed. Second is 90%. Need it for testing without transmission belt. So mistakes cannot crash it.

Finally I’m waiting for the firmware with endstops.

Greetings / Zennix

Hi Zennix, fantastic! I can’t wait to see you drive :smiley:

Regards Jerry.

Nice work!

Cheers
Carelsbergh Stijn

Hi all,
Time for an update. After Wetmelon has finished a version of the firmware with endstop support I was able to put the things together.

Homing:

NoLimts2 Ride with 50% axis.

It’s not perfectly tuned, but so good so far. Next tests with load.

Thank you all for your support.
Greetings / Zennix

1 Like

Hi Zennix, thanks for the update, looking good, hope to see you in the seat having fun soon.

May I ask about the chair?

Regard Jerry :smiley:

Hi Jerry,
it`s from here https://www.fk-shop.de/index.php?lang=0&cl=search&searchparam=FKRSE011901

Greetings / Zennix

I wish you could put the center of rotation nearer to the CG of the whole system, I’d think you’d need a lot less power, especially when leaned over… Maybe a 4-bar link?

Hi Zennix, thank you for the info; I will have a look.

Jerry

Hi WKalman, I am very interested in what you have to say, as I too am almost ready to start the welds on a platform.

Would you care to expand your thoughts into a small example please!

Regards Jerry :thinking:

Hi WKalman,
you are right. But with a 2dof you need a platform. This prototype is my first try not knowing if it’s possible to make it with ODrive. So I keep it as simple and cheap as possible.
Now with the first working prototype, I will have some fun.

The actuators can be used 1:1 in a 6dof too. Then I will think about CG :laughing:

Greetings / Zennix

@Jerry.Atrick , maybe this Wikipedia article will help. It’s certainly a lot more to design than the universal joint design but the idea is to suspend the platform on parallel links - where they cross is the point at which the whole platform will rotate - but that point will move as it tilts, too - depending on the length of the arms, etc. No such thing as a free lunch! Try the free program Linkages so you can play with it.

But, if you’re ready to start welding and don’t mind this version being “1.0”, I say go forward with what you have. You can always learn from it for the next revision. There may be other things you want to optimize in a second version or maybe 1.0 will suit you fine :slight_smile:

Hi all,

here is a ride with projectcars2.

One word: AWSOME
2 Likes