Spinout mechanical power issue

I’m running a Velineon 1200XL motor with an ODrive Pro and am using an AS5048A encoder. As I step the velocity up 50 rev/s to 60rev/s and then 70 rev/s, the spinout_mechanical_power increases from negative to positive and then keeps increasing until the motor stops spinning. It still seems to send current while not spinning and doesn’t throw any errors. I also can’t spin the motor until the ODrive is reconfigured. (Also, how is spinout_mechanical_power calculated?)

Hi! Spinout is caused when the electrical power (i.e. volts, amps) that the ODrive is sending to the motor differs from the mechanical power (i.e. torque, speed) that the motor should be outputting. This discrepancy typically indicates that the encoder is slipping on the shaft. Sometimes, a false error will be thrown during rapid acceleration/deceleration, especially with low resolution encoders. However, the fact here that the ODrive requires recalibration indicates that your magnet is slipping (the recalibration corrects for the change in rotation of the magnet, until it slips again).

Could you describe how the magnet is retained to the shaft? Typically we’ll recommend a 3D printed sleeve with some adhesive, like superglue or epoxy.