again some update of my project:
The last Weeks I made more thoughts about the upper part of the platform and the base.
As you can see I changed the design of the base – It was due to a proposal of my son - and what shall I say - we love it!
For the material of the base I decided to make it from reinforced concrete. The reason for this material is because I wanted to have a stable and heavy base and minimum of vibration noise coming from the actuators.
And last but not least - I think it will look super cool (at least in my opinion ).
So we started to make a mould from wood and purchased cheap concrete for about 15,- € (for 90kg) - as it turned out it was too cheap !!! so during demoulding our base cracked. I also think we have been too unpatient and didnt wait long enough for hardening.
So we decided to build a new mold - and due to the lessons we learned so far, the second mold became much better than the first one.
Also this time the concrete we used was an expensive and special one that is usually used for making concrete furniture. The price was now 117,- (for 75kg). But believe me, it was worth all the money!
Now the base is finished and we are super happy
The weight of the base including the reinforcement is now about 80kg – so possible to carry with two or three persons.
Here are the pictures…